Tuesday 15 January 2013

Review: Tropicana 50/50 Drink

Hello! So I thought it would be a good idea to review some of the 'healthier' foods and drinks which I have tried, in order to give alternatives for unhealthy options and stuff like that. Hopefully they are useful to some people , but if not then I can always stop doing them! For now lets give it a try :)

Today, I'm reviewing the new Tropicana '50/50' drink, which claims to have 50% less calories and sugar than an ordinary orange juice drink (pretty sure that is what it says on the bottle, I'll edit this if wrong!). They reduce the calories and sugar content by using Stevia, a natural sweetener with no calories which has recently become popular in the UK (I think it has been around longer in the US, and I'm not sure about other places' use of Stevia).

So in terms of taste, this product is nice. The only thing I can't handle is the overly-sweet aftertaste that the product leaves, probably from the Stevia within the drink. For me, I don't like my fresh orange juice drinks to be overly sweet, and so I prefer drinking a small glass of the normal Tropicana orange juice to get a better flavour. If you can handle the after taste, however, then this product might be something worth looking into! There are only 40 calories in a 200ml glass of the Orange juice with bits variety, and so if you are a worrier over liquid calories like myself, this is definitely a good option.

So to sum up, I love the idea of this product. I can only comment on the flavour that I have tried, however, and so I might try the other flavours in the range in order to see if these don't have such a sweet after taste. I would however recommend it to those who are trying to be a bit healthier, but still get the benefits of fruit juice.

Another point I might add is that I am not going in-depth with this review - I am not comparing the vitamin content and other nutritional values of this drink in comparison to regular Tropicana. I would recommend picking up both varieties when you are next shopping and comparing the nutritional values to get a better idea of the product.

So I'll see how these reviews go, and may have another one coming up shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment