Wednesday 16 January 2013

Food Diary - January 15th, 2013

I've started using MyFitnessPal to track what I'm eating calorie-wise, so not only will I remember to put everything I've eaten in the diary, but I'll also add the total calories for the day as well (might not be 100% accurate, but according to MyFitnessPal is the total calorie count for the day).

So here's what I had to eat and drink yesterday:

Breakfast - Small glass of Tropicana 50/50 juice (to use it up - see review)

Lunch - Quorn cornish pasty

Snack - 2 mini Munchie chocolates, 2 Quality Street chocolates, a Jaffa Cake, and a Terry's Chocolate Orange segment (Bad!!)

Dinner - Mashed sweet/maris piper potato with some feta cheese crumbled on top, and a small petit pain with Lurpak lighter

Snack - Small slice of apple pie with some Carte D'or vanilla ice cream (2 small scoops)

Drinks - 3 glasses of water

Calories: 1,666

So according to MyFitnessPal, my daily calorie goal is 1,780 calories. This is because I want to lose about 5lbs (any more and I'd be underweight regarding my height) and am focusing on toning up. My problem is that I think I can eat anything as long as I'm within my calories, and I want to focus on eating healthier foods within my calorie limits. Here's hoping I can do it!

Overview: Today was terrible. That's all I can say! I'm really lacking in motivation to cut out the sweet treats, and I know this is one of my vices. If I work on this, I genuinely think my diet wouldn't be too bad (not by any means healthy but nothing to worry about too much!) 

I may do a review on MyFitnessPal as well, as I only discovered it yesterday but think it is really helpful to those who don't actually count calories - it may give you a reality check, and is also a helpful aid to healthy eating. Keep your eyes peeled if interested in reading this review! 


No comments:

Post a Comment