Saturday 19 January 2013

Food diary - January 18th, 2013

So as promised, here is a healthy food diary! I'm pretty pleased with what I ate, it's definitely an improvement from my normal diet!

Breakfast - 'green' smoothie - spinach, kale, oranges, banana and milk (Tone It Up recipe)

Lunch - Carrot sticks, small pot of Sainsbury's low fat hummous. Half a toasted wholemeal pitta bread

Snack - Luna bar (caramel nut brownie)

Dinner - Homemade sweet potato chips, roasted brussels sprouts. Homemade dip (Greek yoghurt, 1 garlic clove and chives.

Snack - Tassimo Milka hot chocolate, 2 maryland cookies (treat for the day - I needed something!)

So apart from my last snack of the day, I'd say that was pretty good going! The main thing is that I made everything from scratch pretty much, and so I feel like I know what I'm putting into my body as opposed to eating ready meals which contain who knows what. Hopefully I can keep this up, although I know every day isn't going to be perfect. At least I'm giving it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment