Monday 4 February 2013

Foods I enjoy eating (inspiration for future meal plans)

So I came up with this idea earlier today whilst getting annoyed at myself for over-indulging. I thought: "If I write down all of the meals which I enjoy (the ones which are actually pretty good for you) then I can use this as a base for my weekly meal plans". And so, here is a list of meals which I enjoy eating on a pretty regular basis. I'm going to gradually add to the list if I discover more meals and such, but for now here are the basics. Hopefully this gives people meal ideas, and maybe encourages some of you to make a similar list!

Breakfasts:
-Peanut butter and banana on a wholemeal toasted bagel
-Porridge with sliced strawberries (semi-skimmed milk)
-Bran flakes with a small handful of raisins and semi-skimmed milk
-Scrambled eggs, grilled tomato and vegetarian bacon (for the days when I am craving a fry-up)
-Smoothie (green smoothie in earlier posts)
-Greek yoghurt with granola
-Fruit salad using seasonal fruit

Lunches:
-Salads (Greek salad, tomato salad, strawberry and tomato salad)
-Carrot sticks with hummous
-Tesco beetroot, cheese and cracker pots
-Food Doctor lentil wholesome pots
-Beans on toast (wholemeal bread)
-Toasted wholemeal bagel with cream cheese and Quorn smoked ham
-Quorn cocktail sausages with a dipping sauce
-Subway (honey oat bread with cheese, toasted, with lettuce, cucumber, tomato and light mayo)
-Soup (homemade potato and leek or lentil soup, or Heinz tomato soup)
-Pasta salad (Pesto, pine nut and veggie parmesan)

Dinners:
-Marks & Spencer mango and sweet chilli stir fry
-Sweet potato mash with some feta cheese
-Amy's Kitchen frozen ready meals (for when I am craving a pizza or something a bit more unhealthy)
-Baked potato with a small handful of grated cheese, some beetroot and salad
-Homemade sweet potato chips with a Greek yoghurt dip
-Quorn meals

Snacks:
-Mango
-A few squares of dark chocolate
-Smoothies
-Bananas
-Strawberries
-Tassimo hot chocolates (low calories for a chocolate fix)
-Trail mix
-Luna bars (When I'm going for long walks and stuff)
-Greek yoghurt with honey
-Yoghurts in general (as a healthier dessert option)
-Frozen yoghurt (")


No comments:

Post a Comment